The Fiqh and Status of Women – Level 1
Exclusively designed for our sisters to equip them with the essential relevant Islamic rulings.
The Fiqh & Status of Women – Level 1
About The Course
This unique and comprehensive online course will shed light on contemporary Islamic rulings related to Muslim women’s public and private life. The course will explore a wide range of issues related to modernity and the impact of modern technological advancement on behaviour and perception.
AT A GLANCE
16 Live Online Sessions
Duration: 6 Months
Saturdays, 11:30AM - 1:00PM BST
Video Recordings Available
Starts on 27th February 2021
There will be no formal teaching sessions during Ramadan.
Pay in Full:
Registration Deadline (Extended):
7th May 2021
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee.
The Fiqh of Beautification, Make-up and Cosmetics
- Beauty & Cosmetic Products
- Makeup Services
- Cosmetic & Enhancement Therapy
- Lasers and IPL
- Waxing, Threading, Facials and Massage
- Establishing Beauty Parlours
- Visiting and Working in Beauty Parlours and Salons
- Haircuts and Styling
- Hair Colours and Streaking
- Women wearing Perfume- Islamic advice
The Fiqh of Fashion Trends & Clothing Styles
- Islamic Dress Code for Women
- Modesty & Elegance
- The Concept of “Awrah” and “Satr”
- Fashion Trends and Islamic Styles: How to Maintain the Balance?
- Clothing Styles and Designer Dresses
- Wearing Skirts, Leggings, Tops, Trousers and Western Dresses
- Islamic Ethics for Shopping
- Misconceptions and Misinterpretations
Hijab & Niqab and Contemporary Society
- Hijab and Niqab – A Historical and Fiqhi Analysis
- Wearing Hijab: How to Implement?
- Wearing Niqab ( Covering Face) in Islam: Is it Wajib (Obligatory)?
- Hijab in Muslim Countries: From Cultural, Legislation and Religious Perspective
- Hijab and Niqab in the West: Social, Political and Cultural Issues
- Hijab or Niqab Ban: How to Deal?
The Fiqh of Gender and Social Interaction. Limits & Boundaries
- Interaction with Non-Relative Males
- Interaction with Family Members
- Interaction with Friends
- Weddings, Parties, Functions and Public Events
- Online Chats, Social Media, Texting and Digital World
- Seducing and Harassment
The Role of Women in Society
- The Great Muslim Women – A Historical Analysis
- Contemporary Society and Opportunities for Women
- Women Leadership
- Women’s Role in Dawah, Social Work and Politics
- Some Contemporary Issues
- Car Driving
- Travel Without Mahram
- Public Speaking
- Women and The Right to Get Access to Masjid
- Women and Leading Prayer
- Following the Janazah and Visiting the Graves
A Muslimah in the Campus
- Women and Education in Islam
- Studying in Madaris : Dress Code and Code of Conduct
- Studying in Colleges and Universities
- Subjects and Specialisation
- Travelling Abroad for Higher Education
- Campus Life and Maintaining the Islamic Values
- Islamic Guideline for Interaction with Male Classmates and Lecturers
- Participating in Social Activities and Sports in Colleges /Universities
- Prayer Breaks and Prayer Hall: How to Deal?
- Muslim Woman as a Lecturer or Professor: Challenges and Opportunities
A Muslimah in the Workforce
- Career goals for a Pious and Professional Muslim Woman
- Working in Mixed Gender Environment
- Halal Work vs Haram Work
- How to Maintain Islamic Dress Code in Workplace?
- Islamic Rights for Female Employees
- How to Interact with Male Colleagues?
- Office Meetings and Every Day Communication
- Prayer Breaks & Prayer Facilities
- Gender Discrimination From Islamic Perspective
Empowering Muslim Women
- Overcoming Anxiety, Depression and Negative Thinking
- Resisting Desires, Worldly Happiness and Temptations
- Finding True Love and Real Happiness
- To Please Allah and To Be The Queen of Paradise: The Ultimate Goal
Home Management from Islamic Perspective
- Balancing Professional, Private and Spiritual life
- Home Economics and Shopping – Islamic Guideline
- Anger Management
- Time Management
Women Rights in Islam
- Women Rights – An Overview
- Mothers: Rights and Duties
- Wives: Rights and Duties
- Sisters: Rights and Duties
- Daughter: Rights and Duties
- Daughter in Law vs Mother in Law
Feminism and Islam
- Feminism: A Historical Analysis
- Feminism and its Impact On
woman in the Modern Society
- Muslim Feminists
- Deconstructing Feminism
- Women Rights: A Comparative Analysis of Western and Islamic Perspective
- Gender Justice and Gender Equality: A Comparative Analysis
- Liberty and Freedom: A Comparative Analysis
- Women Empowerment: A Comparative Analysis
Muslim Woman and “The West”: A Study
- Myths and Realities about Muslim Women
- Testimony of a Woman
- Do women get half as much as men in inheritance?
- The Beating Verse
- Unilateral Divorce
- Authority of Men over Women in Islam: What is Reality?
- Cultural Practices and Islam
- Misconceptions and Misinterpretations
The Art of Living Fun for Muslim Women
- Singing and Poetry
- Indoor Sports and Games: Islamic Guideline
- Outdoor Sports: Islamic Guideline
- Swimming and Water Sports: Islamic Guideline
- Sightseeing and Travelling: Islamic Guideline
- Music, Tv Serials, Movies and Entertainment: How to Deal?
- Enjoying with Friends and Family: Limits and Boundaries
This unique and comprehensive online course will shed light on contemporary Islamic rulings related to Muslim women’s public and private life. The course will explore a wide range of issues related to modernity and the impact of modern technological advancement on behaviour and perception. The course is unique in many ways addressing important topics such as:
- The Fiqh of Beautification, Make-up and Cosmetics
- The Fiqh of Fashion Trends & Clothing Styles
- Hijab & Niqab and Contemporary Society
- The Fiqh of Gender and Social Interaction. Limits & Boundaries
- The Role of Women in Society
- A Muslimah in the Campus
- A Muslimah in the Workforce
- Empowering Muslim Women
- Home Management from Islamic Perspective
- Women Rights in Islam
- Feminism and Islam
- Muslim Woman and “The West”: A Study
- The Art of Living Fun for Muslim Women
The Aim of this course is to empower and motivate Muslim women to play an important role in society without compromising the Islamic values. The course will highlight the Important topics such as the status of women in Islam, the wisdom behind the Islamic rulings and how the Islamic moral code addresses ethical voids in society. Further, the course will focus on “Deconstructing Feminist Ideologies” and “ Exposing Western Myths about Muslim women” by presenting a comparative analysis of Western and Islamic perspectives on women rights.
The course is structured as an essential intellectual, spiritual and moral guide for Muslim women of all ages. This course is must-attend for college/university students, working professionals, businesswomen, housewives and researchers.
Course Aims and Objectives:
1. To educate women and develop an understanding of Islamic rulings related to Muslim women especially in a modern context.
2. To provide a comprehensive guide for Muslim women focusing on their spiritual, social, economic and political roles.
3. To educate the important Islamic rulings covering the unique topics such as Make-up, Shopping, Dressing, Fashion and Social Interaction.
4. To provide Islamic narratives on some of the challenging concepts such as Women Rights, Feminism, Gender Equality, Women Empowerment, Liberty and Freedom.
5. To provide an opportunity to the sisters to enhance their Islamic understanding without compromising their family and professional life and be productive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Al Balagh courses recognised or accredited?
Al Balagh courses do not provide an externally accredited or recognised qualification. Our own expert team works at the course content. With over 5000+ learners, we are continuously growing and our vision is to make Al Balagh qualifications renowned worldwide through our expert team, without seeking formal accreditation or recognition from external institutional bodies.
How is this online course structured?
Our online course comprises live interactive online sessions, pre-recorded videos, online course material that include, presentations, reading material & online learning activities. Students may ask questions and get their doubts cleared from their respective lecturers, if any. Our dedicated academic support team will assist you as required.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Upon successful enrollment, you will get access to myAlBalagh (our online learning portal) within 24 hours.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
All students will receive notification for their course live sessions via email and/or course WhatsApp group. You may also check the Course Schedule tab on your dashboard after logging in on our website or Mobile App.
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
We always encourage attending live sessions among students, but it is not compulsory for technical course progress of the students.
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
If you are unable to attend a live session or have missed it, you can view recorded sessions on your course dashboard. You can access all the completed Recordings, PPT and assessments anytime.
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
You can download recordings and PPT of the course sessions from the myAlBalagh mobile App for all the enrolled courses.The recordings will be available for students after 48 hours of the live session.
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
There are no additional marks for watching the course recordings. Only the module Assessments and the final exam add up to the final score.You can check the individual scores of your Assessments under the Progress tab of myAlBalagh.
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
You can discuss your doubts via Course WhatsApp Group dedicated for student discussion or access the Discussion Board on myAlBalagh. It is a platform for you to ask questions, discuss and get your doubts cleared.
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a Graded And Timed Exam.
How do I interact with my classmates?
You can interact with your classmates on our Whatsapp Group exclusive for the course students. Furthermore, you can use the Discussion Board to connect with other course students as well.
How long will I have access to the online course?
You will have access to the online course content for up to 2 years. If you want lifetime access, contact our admin team via Email at [email protected]
I am facing trouble signing into the “myAlBalagh” Online Student portal. What should I do?
In case you find any trouble accessing your account, then please contact us immediately. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your problem gets resolved at the earliest.
How can I apply for the Al Balagh Scholarship?
Al Balagh Academy values seekers of knowledge more than anything. Please visit here to apply for a scholarship. Our team will assess your application and respond in 2-3 working days.