ATHEISM AND ISLAM LEVEL – 1
For late enrolment in the course, please contact our communication team on +44 7397 903767
About the Course
The course provides an in-depth conceptual analysis of Atheism and various Islamic theological perspectives. It aims to explain the various Islamic perspectives from a range of disciplines that logically counter the conceptual issues presented by Atheism. The course offers a broad outlook to explicate the profound nature of atheistic and humanistic polemics against the Islamic tradition. More importantly, it will explore a wide range of theoretical responses that attempt to set the foundations for theological narratives in addressing such issues.
8. Islam - The Truth!
- Proofs of Islam as a true faith
- Those who accept God and Prophecy (Christians, etc.)
- Those who accept God, deny prophecy (Nons, etc.)
- The attributes of God
- Moral teaching
- Moral comprehensiveness
- The Revelation
- The finality of Islam
The course aims to provide both theory and case-based practical advice on some of the most common and challenging issues for Muslims with respect to atheism. It aims to provide rational and theological narratives to address such issues.
Some of the topics that will be addressed are as follows:
1. What is new atheism and what does it propagate ?
2. Why are some Muslims becoming atheists ?
3. Why are some atheists becoming Muslim ?
4. What are the philosophical flaws in atheistic dogma and reasoning ?
5. What is the historical nature of secularism, atheistic ideas and scientism ?
6. How true is evolution and what is the Islamic perspective ?
7. How have secularism, individualism and scepticism contributed to modernity and its challenge to Islam ?
8. Human psychology, faith and reason Conflicts of reason and revelation.
9. Understanding heresy in Islam and Islamic hermeneutics/ Quran exegesis.
10.Inimitability of the Holy Quran.
11.Arguments for God and Prophethood.
12.Why is there evil in the world (theodicy).
13.Conceptualising Islamic spirituality as a reason to believe.
The course covers all the fundamental aspects of contemporary issues related to the subject of Atheism from an Islamic perspective. This course is only Level 1. There are 3 levels. Level 1 is to be delivered over 4 months. Level 2 and 3 will be delivered after the level 1 for those who wish to progress further. The live online interactive sessions are delivered on Saturdays for up to 2-3 hours with break intervals. The whole course is taken online and offers a flexible way to study while maintaining work and personal commitments. Read more
Course Aims and Objectives
- To describe the Islamic theological / philosophical / social/ historical perspectives to contemporary understandings of atheism.
- To understand the principles of Islamic theology as a basis to challenge misconceptions and provide polemical defence and attack.
- To train Muslims or non-Muslims, who wish to attain theoretical and practical knowledge on the subject, to be able to deal with the subject effectively, coherently and cogently.
- To provide Islamic narratives on some of the challenging concepts.
- To provide a forum and interpersonal contact between the Muslim public, Muslim Scholars (Ulamaa) and other expert academics, in order to build a network of support and resource for the future.
By the end of this unique course, delegates will:
- Gain knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to become better informed about atheism, its fallacies, deficiencies and its overall problem.
- Understand the Islamic theological views relating to the subject and engage with the narratives.
- Advise and inform others about Islamic theological perspectives and atheism.
- Have the opportunity to discuss challenging questions with experts in the field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Al Balagh courses recognised or accredited?
Al Balagh courses do not provide an externally accredited or recognised qualification. Our own expert team works at the course content. With over 5000+ learners, we are continuously growing and our vision is to make Al Balagh qualifications renowned worldwide through our expert team, without seeking formal accreditation or recognition from external institutional bodies.
How is this online course structured?
Our online course comprises live interactive online sessions, pre-recorded videos, online course material that include, presentations, reading material & online learning activities. Students may ask questions and get their doubts cleared from their respective lecturers, if any. Our dedicated academic support team will assist you as required.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Upon successful enrollment, you will get access to myAlBalagh (our online learning portal) within 24 hours.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
All students will receive notification for their course live sessions via email and/or course WhatsApp group. You may also check the Course Schedule tab on your dashboard after logging in on our website or Mobile App.
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
We always encourage attending live sessions among students, but it is not compulsory for technical course progress of the students.
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
If you are unable to attend a live session or have missed it, you can view recorded sessions on your course dashboard. You can access all the completed Recordings, PPT and assessments anytime.
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
You can download recordings and PPT of the course sessions from the myAlBalagh mobile App for all the enrolled courses.The recordings will be available for students after 48 hours of the live session.
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
There are no additional marks for watching the course recordings. Only the module Assessments and the final exam add up to the final score.You can check the individual scores of your Assessments under the Progress tab of myAlBalagh.
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
You can discuss your doubts via Course WhatsApp Group dedicated for student discussion or access the Discussion Board on myAlBalagh. It is a platform for you to ask questions, discuss and get your doubts cleared.
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a Graded And Timed Exam.
How do I interact with my classmates?
You can interact with your classmates on our Whatsapp Group exclusive for the course students. Furthermore, you can use the Discussion Board to connect with other course students as well.
How long will I have access to the online course?
You will have access to the online course content for up to 2 years. If you want lifetime access, contact our admin team via Email at [email protected]
I am facing trouble signing into the “myAlBalagh” Online Student portal. What should I do?
In case you find any trouble accessing your account, then please contact us immediately. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your problem gets resolved at the earliest.
How can I apply for the Al Balagh Scholarship?
Al Balagh Academy values seekers of knowledge more than anything. Please visit here to apply for a scholarship. Our team will assess your application and respond in 2-3 working days.