THE FIQH OF MEDICINE – LEVEL 3
The course provides an in-depth conceptual introduction to the field of Islamic bioethics and will examine the practical and theological ethics of medical issues in Muslim contexts and from an Islamic perspective. The course will cover key concepts within Islamic theology, epistemology, and fiqh pertaining to modern day medicine. The course will conclude with applying principles discussed in the course, to contemporary medical cases.
Enrolment for this course is currently closed. We will start enrolment for the new batch soon. If you
Course Aims and Objectives:
- To describe the Islamic legal and ethical perspectives on contemporary medical issues.
- To understand the principles of Islamic Jurisprudence [Usul ul Fiqh] as a basis for the practice of medicine in accordance with
- To develop a greater understanding of the Islamic rulings relating to the field of Islamic medical ethics.
- To discuss critical concepts of Islamic theology and doctrinal positions that underpin Islamic moral frameworks.
- To provide a forum and interpersonal contact between Medical Practitioners, Muslim Scholars (Ulamaa) and other academics, in order to build a network of support and resource for the future.
|Effort:||2 to 4 hours per Week|
|Price:||From £54.99 per month.|
|Mode:||Online (Live and Interactive)|
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee. Learn more and apply.
The main topics for the level 3 will be as below;
- A Study of Kitab ut Tib (The chapter of Medicine) of Sahih Al-Bukhari
- Research Essay- Islamic Medical Fiqh and Ethics
- Tutorial on Researching Islamic Medical Ethics
- The Development of Islamic Fiqh in the first 3 centuries
- The Fiqh of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Sexual Health – Advanced
- The Fiqh of Cosmetic and Enhancement Therapy
- Islam, Mental Health and the Paranormal ( Optional)
- Consanguineous Marriages
- Medical Insurance / NHS Pensions
- The Duties and Earning in the Medical Field.
- Dilemmas in Baby Designing
- The Fiqh of Patient
- The Fiqh of Prescribing, Dispensing, and Immunization
- Health economics and Equality of care including Hospital Management
- Confidentiality and Patient Autonomy, Consent and Refusal of Treatment
- Advanced Issues in Organ Donation and Transplantation
- Medical Research and Experimentation
- Responsibility, Liability and Rights of patients in Islam and those who treat them
- Islam and Philosophical Bioethics
- Advanced issues in End of Lifecare
- Alternative Prophetic Medicine/Healing. A contemporary approach to alternative Medicine such as prophetic medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Al Balagh courses recognised or accredited?
Al Balagh courses do not provide an externally accredited or recognised qualification. Our own expert team works at the course content. With over 5000+ learners, we are continuously growing and our vision is to make Al Balagh qualifications renowned worldwide through our expert team, without seeking formal accreditation or recognition from external institutional bodies.
How is this online course structured?
Our online course comprises live interactive online sessions, pre-recorded videos, online course material that include, presentations, reading material & online learning activities. Students may ask questions and get their doubts cleared from their respective lecturers, if any. Our dedicated academic support team will assist you as required.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Upon successful enrollment, you will get access to myAlBalagh (our online learning portal) within 24 hours.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
All students will receive notification for their course live sessions via email and/or course WhatsApp group. You may also check the Course Schedule tab on your dashboard after logging in on our website or Mobile App
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
We always encourage attending live sessions among students, but it is not compulsory for technical course progress of the students.
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
If you are unable to attend a live session or have missed it, you can view recorded sessions on your course dashboard. You can access all the completed Recordings, PPT and assessments anytime
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
You can download recordings and PPT of the course sessions from the myAlBalagh mobile App for all the enrolled courses.The recordings will be available for students after 48 hours of the live session.
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
There are no additional marks for watching the course recordings. Only the module Assessments and the final exam add up to the final score.You can check the individual scores of your Assessments under the Progress tab of myAlBalagh.
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
You can discuss your doubts via Course WhatsApp Group dedicated for student discussion or access the Discussion board on myAlBalagh. It is a platform for you to ask questions, discuss and get your doubts cleared.
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a graded and timed exam.
How do I interact with my classmates?
You can interact with your classmates on our Whatsapp Group exclusive for the course students. Furthermore, you can use the Discussion Board to connect with other course students as well.
How long will I have access to the online course?
You will have access to the online course content for up to 2 years. If you want lifetime access, contact our admin team via Email at [email protected]
I am facing trouble signing into the “myAlBalagh” Online Student portal. What should I do?
In case you find any trouble accessing your account, then please contact us immediately. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your problem gets resolved at the earliest.
How can I apply for the Al Balagh Scholarship?
Al Balagh Academy values seekers of knowledge more than anything. Please visit our here to apply for a scholarship. Our team will assess your application and respond in 2-3 working days.
Learn More About Our Courses?
Discuss your opinion with one of our friendly advisers