The Fiqh of Halal Food and Products -Level 2
For late enrolment in the course, please contact our communication team on +44 7397 903767
About the Course
The Fiqh of Halal Food and Products -Level 2 is an advanced course that provides internationally relevant, multidisciplinary education for those who want to create a safe consumption of Halal food through research, education, and practice. This course will build expertise in the relevant concepts of Islamic Fiqh and customise learning with advanced knowledge and skill development in areas like identifying and analyzing key Shari'ah issues, implementing the Islamic rulings in today’s complex industrialised world, evaluating different opinions, analyzing relevant Islamic literature and understanding Halal certification and regulations.
The course will enlighten on topics such as: Introduction to Food Science and Technology, Understanding Food Chemistry, The Global Halal Food Market, International Halal Certification System and International Food Regulations to prepare them for addressing real-world issues.The comprehensive Level 2 curriculum will equip learners to tackle the contemporary challenges such as protecting Halal integrity, Halal slaughter in technological advancement, Halal food quality and costs, Halal food production and economies of scale. Each student will also gain real-world experience through applied practice and company of professionals working in the Halal Food Sector.
However, this area of expertise has grown both horizontally and vertically to the degree that our current application of Fiqh to the contemporary challenging issues is, unfortunately, still in its early stages. The horizontal growth requires us to go back to the sources of our substantive law, jurisprudence and ethics and remove the differences and essential shariʿ principles that provide the guidance and framework to provide Islamic responses for technical questions. Thereby, Muslim scholars need to acquire some expertise in broader areas of theology, ʿilm al-kalām, tafsīr, ḥadīth and tārīkh. The new sciences have now diversified beyond just medicine, and into many other specialities, making it intersect with sciences such as politics, law, business transactions, financial contracts, medical science, philosophy of science, epistemology, metaphysics, anthropology, global public health and other areas of humanities and social sciences.
The level 2 program prepares students to become leaders in the global Halal market. Learners develop skills in understanding relevant Islamic rulings and analysis, applying in the real world scenarios, and Halal analysing methods, preparing them to succeed in a wide variety of roles and organisations in the Halal market. After completing this program, you can serve the Ummah by working as leaders, managers, advisors, food inspection officer at Halal certification bodies, Halal food industry, Halal awareness organisations, Halal consulting and research firms, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and local and national government organisations. Read more
Mufti Muhammad Ibn Adam
(Director and researcher at the Institute of Islamic Jurisprudence (Darul Iftaa, www.daruliftaa.com)
Shaykh Hamzah Wald Maqbul
(HFSAA Shariah Advisor, USA)
Professor Dr. Russly A. Rahman
(Director Halal Products Research Institute, University Putra Malaysia (UPM)
Mufti Sarfraz Mohammed
(Shariah Consultant for the Halal Monitoring Committee, Birmingham, UK)
AT A GLANCE
Video Recordings Available
Next Live Batch Starts from September 5th, 2020.
Pay in Full:
Pay in Installment:
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee.
The Fiqh of Ḥalal Food – Level 2 is a high-level course, designed for advanced students, professionals working in the halal food industry, Shari’ah scholars, Ulama, researchers and Halal food certification bodies. This course provides a platform for profound expertise in the realm of Ḥalāl, the critical discourse of Ḥalāl studies, Ḥalāl product research at a global scale, contemporary Ḥalāl practices, burgeoning issues and challenges which are prevalent in today’s Ḥalāl food industry.
The course develops students with necessary skills, tools and strategies that will help them revive the Islamic spirit and Islamic rulings in the Halal food industry. It will enable them to increase the awareness of Ḥalāl, familiarise the Muslim Ummah about Ḥalāl principles in the light of the Qur’an and Sunnah and prepare them to address real-world issues confronted by the Halal food industry.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Develop extensive understanding of the concepts, theories, disputes and issues of the Islamic rulings related to Halal food, Medicine or Cosmetics via exploration and analysis of classical and contemporary literature.
- Build thorough knowledge pertaining to the Fiqh of Ḥalāl and Ḥarām with more focus on Islamic tenets, norms and values derived from the holy Quran, Ahadith, and the consensus of the Muslim jurists (Ijma).
- Evaluate current practices in the Halal food production, the use of the Ḥalāl medicine and cosmetics, following inductive reasoning and syllogisms, stimulating discussions and encouraging further thinking that would contribute in this field.
- Prepare with skills to overcome contemporary challenges prevalent in Ḥalāl food ecosystem, assimilate Ḥalāl Islamic norms to Muslim communities and further widen the economic, ethical, sociological potential for Ḥalāl products.
- Provide insight into the real-world problems, like implementation of different approaches to improve existing understanding and knowledge of the Ḥalāl, and further analyse feasible strategies, methodologies which can propel growth of the Shari’ah-compliant food and products, particularly in the Muslim countries, diasporic Muslim and multi-cultural communities with focus on the issues faced by the Muslims living in the Western countries.
- Develop skills to revive the Islamic rulings in Ḥalāl food industry, fill knowledge-gaps and eliminate areas of misunderstanding and dissonance.
- Provide practical solutions to Ummah by following the standards and guidelines of Shari'ah (Islamic Laws) pertaining to the Fiqh of Ḥalāl and Ḥarām.
By the end of this advanced course, the students will:
• Develop advanced knowledge of contemporary Halal studies through advanced study, analysis and research on Halal food and products.
• Assess, identify, and study the key Halal Shari’ah issues, principles, halal rulings and regulations, in today’s industrialised world
• Gain real-world experience through applied practice and company of professionals working in the Halal Food Sector.
• Work as a thought-leader and expert in the Halal food industry, Halal certification bodies, Halal awareness organisations, Halal consulting and research firms, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and local and national government organisations.
• Be able to serve the ummah in the field of Halal food and thus, contribute towards developing a safe world for Halal food consumption.
The course teaching team include World-Renowned Scholars and Subject experts who have years of practical experience in the field of Halal food and are recognised in the relevant subject areas.
The course emphasises students’ mastery of core concepts and equips them with the skills to analyse the real-world issues and apply the Islamic rulings.
The course focuses on students’ development through integrating student-skill-focused activities, continuous assessments, training sessions and research projects
Halal food industry:
The students will get an opportunity to gain real experience through internship and collaborative research projects and build a network with the global experts in the Halal food market.
The course will transform you and enable you to become experts and leaders in the Halal food industry. The course will build your confidence and develop your skills in a way that you can guide the Ummah about the Halal food issues with confidence.
The course offers true flexibility and provides you an opportunity to learn from the comfort of your home.
Students collaborate with peers regularly, and have regular access to faculty through live office hours and email.
Offer one-to-one mentor support throughout the course
Al Balagh Level 2 students are full members of the Al Balagh community, with access to a wide range of student services, including career counselling and continues guidance and support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this online course structured?
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a graded and timed exam.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
How do I interact with my classmates?
How long will I have access to the online course?
I am facing trouble signing into my private member portal. What should I do?
Does Al Balagh Academy issue certificates?
When will the final exam be held?
What is the eligibility criteria for Scholarship?
If you are still facing issues, kindly contact our helpdesk team at [email protected]
Download MyAlBalagh mobile app from Playstore or Appstore to play or download (for offline viewing) all the completed recordings and PPT.