Hijamah – Cupping Therapy
About The Course
The course on ilaj bil hijamah (cupping therapy) is an introductory course for the hijamah therapy. It will provide an opportunity for the students to learn the basic knowledge of Hijamah and its application in various diseases. It will also provide the information on the use of Hijamah on preventive as well as curative aspects of the diseases.
The course will also make the participants well acquainted with the therapeutic relevance and utility of Hijamah especially in the management of life style disorders, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) etc. Since this therapy provides the treatment without medicines or (least medicines) its importance is increased manyfolds especially in context with the side effects/ toxic effects of the drugs in western/ modern medicine.
Dr.Abdul Nasir Ansari
(Head of Department,Ilajbit Tadbeerat National, Institute of Unani Medicine, IN)
12 Teaching Weeks
Duration : 4 months
Saturdays,3 PM - 5 PM (London, UK)
Video Recordings Available
Starts on 4 February 2023
Pay in Full:
Pay in 6 Installment:
3rd February 2023
Al Balagh Scholarship
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee.
Introduction of the Course
Introduction to Unani Medicine and Basic principles
Disease, Diagnosis and Principles of treatment in Unani Medicine
Six Essential Factors (Asbabe Sitta Zarooriya اسباب ستہ ضروریہ )
Hijamah (General Considerations)
Hijamah (Pathophysiology and Mechanism)
Christianity and the Latin Church Fathers
Hijamah for the Prevention of the diseases
Disease indications Part 1
Disease indications Part 2
Recent Research Studies on Hijamah
Symposium on Relevance of Hijamah in the Present Health Care System and Job opportunities
The course content of this short course has the introductory information on fundamentals of Unani medicine in relation with the basic principles, the disease process, the diagnosis of the disease, principles of the treatment as background information.
The method of preparation for Hijamah, precautions to be taken and methods of applying the procedure in various diseases including the sites of the Hijamah have been included in the course. This will be followed by the specific indications and contraindication of hijamah in various diseases. One special lecture has also been added on relevance of this regimen on health care at present with comparative aspects with conventional/ modern medicine.
Course Aims and Objectives
The course will seek to teach students:
- The objective of this course is to provide introductory information on fundamentals of Unani system of medicine with special reference to Ilaj bil Hijamah (Cupping therapy)
- To provide an introductory knowledge and better understanding of Hijamah (cupping therapy) for the medical graduates, science graduates and those educated people who are interested in this therapy, which has been recommended by Prophet SAW.
- The one of the important objective of this course is to incline the scientific community towards the tibb-e-nabawi (SAW), and ultimately to the seerat (life of Prophet Mohammad SAW).
- This course will also create new avenues for the practice of Hijamah and promotion of Unani medicine in general.
On completion of this course, the students will be :
- Able to have a better understanding about the fundamentals of Unani medicine.
- Acquainted with the knowledge of hijamah, and the therapeutic and preventive indications in various disease conditions.
- Equipped with the application, methods and precautions of the Hijamah.
- Able to have a bird-view not only of the therapeutics but also the research studies which have been conducted in various institutions.