About the Course
For many, a career for life is no longer an option. Most people will hold jobs with a variety of employers and move across different employment sectors throughout their working life. Therefore, we all need to be flexible in our working patterns and be prepared to change jobs or sectors if we believe there are better opportunities elsewhere or the need to move arises.
We need to understand that all of us have a set of transferable skills or employability skills. These are skills that are not specific to one particular career path but are useful across all Employment Sectors.
Employers are often looking for skills that go beyond qualifications and experience.Your education and experience may make you eligible to apply for a job but, to be successful in most roles, you will need skills that you are likely to develop over time. Some will be specific to the job, but the vast majority will be the ‘soft skills’ that are applicable in any job or employment sectors. These soft skills are ‘employability skills’ – it is what makes you employable.
Ustadh Kaushar Tai
14 Live Sessions
Saturday(11 AM to 1 PM BST)
Duration: 4 Months
28+ Hours Of Lectures
Video Recordings Available
Starts on July 17th, 2020.
Pay in Full:
Pay in 4 Installments:
(Due to COVID-19, we are providing a 50% scholarship on this course)
31st July 2020
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee.
Ustadh Kaushar Tai
(Management and Training Consultant at Aksaa ,UK)
1. Introduction to Course
- Key Objectives
- Key Learning Outcomes
- Teaching Method
- Schedule & Assessments
2.Fiqh and Ethics of Employment
- What is Islamic Work Ethics?
- Work as an Act of Worship
- Huqul Ibad – rights of others
- Key areas of work ethics
- The Prophet’s directive to work
- Work ethics in the Sunnah
- The poor state in work ethics in the Islamic World
3.Communication and interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal Skills – What are they?
- Understand the need for effective communication with others
- Recognise the barriers to communication
- Understand and be understood better
- The art of listening and speaking
- Albert Mehrabian Theory
- The Prophet pbuh communication skills
4.Problem Solving Skills
- What is Problem Solving?
- Why Problem Solving is an important skill to possess
- Problem Solving Competencies
- Other Skills required in Problem Solving
- How to enhance your Problem Solving Skills
5.Using initiative and being self-motivated
- What is Initiative?
- Acting upon own Initiative
- Examples of Showing Initiative
- What is Motivation?
- Different Types of Motivation
- Important Factors of Self-Motivation
- The Islamic Model of Motivation
- Positive Thinking
- Motivating Others
6.Working under pressure and effectively managing to meet deadlines
- Ways to Show Your Ability to Handle Pressure at Work
- Action Points
- Tips to get better at working under pressure
- Are you organised? Test Yourself
- What is Organisational Skills
- Some Examples of Organisational Skills
- Types of Organisational Skills – Internal; External; Physical
- Organisational Skills every Smart Worker needs
7.Collaboration and Team Working Skills
- Workplace Collaboration
- What is a Collaborative Team
- Why is Collaboration and Teamwork Important
- Ways to enhance Collaboration Skills
- Benefits of Collaborative Working
- Helpful Competencies
7A.Ability to learn and adapt
- What is Adaptability Skills
- Importance of Adaptability
- Benefits of being Adaptable
- How to improve Adaptability Skills
- Adaptability of Working during the Covid-19 Lockdown
- Adaptability of Working during the Covid-19 Lockdown
8.Effective Time Management
- What is Time Management
- How to manage time effectively
- Benefits and Importance of Time Management
- Time Management Tips
- Turn time management into life management
- Getting your priorities right
- Time Wasters
- The context of Time according to the Quran and Sunnah
9.Valuing Diversity and Difference
- Valuing Diversity and Difference
- What is Diversity
- Why is valuing Diversity Important
- Diverse organisations
- Diversity in Human Difference
- Differences in worldview
- Benefits of Diversity in the Workplace
9A.Understanding Discrimination and the Equalities Act 2010
- What is Discrimination?
- What is the Equalities Act 2010?
- Background to the Equalities Act
- The Equality Duty and Purpose
- Due Regard to Advancing Equality
- Purpose of Duty
- What Behaviour is unlawful
- Who has responsibility under the Act?
- The role of the Equalities and Human Rights Commission
10. Negotiation Skills
- What is negotiation Skills
- Why Negotiation Skills Important
- Principles of Negotiation
- Steps of Negotiation Process
10A.Improving Assertiveness and Decision Making
- What is Assertiveness?
- How to behave assertively
- What is being Passive?
- Those who are Aggressive
- Why people are not Assertive
- Making decisions
11. Effective Customer Service Skills
- What is Good Customer Service?
- Tips for providing good Customer Service
- Important Issues relating to Customer Service
- 5 Ways to show excellent Customer Service
- Why Customer Service is important
- Improving Customer perception
- How to keep a customer for the long term
- Cost of poor Customer Care
- Encourage your customers to complain
12. Handling Difficult People at work
- Dealing with difficult people
- Some Traits of difficult people
- How to deal with your co-worker constructively
- Handling unreasonable people
- Characteristics of a Toxic Person
12A. Conflict Management Skills
- What is Conflict?
- Unhealthy responses to conflict
- Healthy responses to conflict
- The ability to respond to conflict
- What the Quran and Hadith say
- Commanding Good and forbidding Evil
- Resolving Conflict
- The Prophet’s pbuh way
- Thomas and Kilmann’s style of resolving conflict
13. Reporting and Proper Conduct in Meetings
- Proper Conduct in Meetings
- The concept of Consultation
- For an effective meeting
- Consultation in the Quran
- Fulfilling your obligations to Allah’s
- Good Character
- Report writing
14. CV Preparation and Preparing for Interviews
- What is a CV?
- CV writing
- Format of your CV
- Content of your CV
- Making your CV presentable
- Sample CV’s
- Preparing for Interviews
- Interview Questions
The importance of acquiring and constantly updating one's professional skills in today's era is not unknown. Every professional needs to develop some essential work skills to match with jobs across all sectors.
3.Key Learning Outcomes
5.Schedule & Assessments
It is important to know that work is not only a right in Islam, but a duty and an obligation, benefits of which come in the form of increased sustenance for the individual and a healthier prosperous society. The earnings of a living through lawful means is endorsed as a means for the achievement of man’s ultimate objective.
1.What is Islamic Work Ethics?
2.Work as an Act of Worship
3.Huqul Ibad – rights of others
4.The Prophet’s directive to work
5.Work ethics in the Sunnah
6.The poor state in work ethics in the Islamic World
The ability to explain what you mean in a clear and concise way through written and spoken means. To listen and relate to other people, and to act upon key information and instructions.
1.Interpersonal Skills – What are they?
2.Understand the need for effective communication with others
3.Recognise the barriers to communication
4.Understand and be understood better
5.The art of listening and speaking
6.Albert Mehrabian theory
7.The Prophet's PBUH communication skills
The ability to understand a problem by breaking it down into smaller parts, and identifying the key issues, implications and identifying solutions. To apply your knowledge from many different areas to solving a task.
1.What is problem solving?
2.Why problem solving is an important skill to possess
3.Problem solving competencies
4.Other skills required in problem solving
5.How to enhance your Problem Solving Skills
1.What is initiative?
2.Acting upon own initiative
3.Examples of showing initiative
4.What is motivation?
5.Different types of motivation
6.Important factors of self-motivation
7.The Islamic model of motivation
Managing stress effectively in today’s fast pace mode of working is crucial and handling stress that comes with deadlines and ensuring that you meet them are useful skills to possess.
2. Ways to show your ability to handle pressure at work
3. Action points
4.Tips to get better at working under pressure
Being organised and methodical is an important skill to possess. Able to plan work to meet deadlines and targets. Monitoring progress of work to ensure you are on track of your schedule.
1.Are you organised? Test yourself
2.What is organisational skills
3.Some examples of organisational skills
4.Types of organisational skills – Internal; External; Physical
5.Organisational skills every smart worker needs
Working well with other people from different disciplines, backgrounds, and expertise to accomplish a task or goal.
2.What is a collaborative team
3. Why is collaboration and teamwork important
4.Ways to enhance collaboration skills
5.Benefits of collaborative working
To be enthusiastic about your work, and to identify ways to learn from your mistakes for the benefit of both you and your employer.
1.What are adaptability skills
2.Importance of Adaptability
3.Benefits of being adaptable
4.How to improve adaptability skills
5.Adaptability of working during the COVID-19 Lockdown
The ability to manage time effectively and organise daily tasks and activity efficiently.
1.What is time management
2.How to manage time effectively
3.Benefits and importance of time management
4.Time management tips
5.Turn time management into life management
6.Getting your priorities right
8.The context of time according to the Qur'an and Sunnah
Knowing the value of diversity and what it can bring. Understanding and being considerate of the different needs of different individuals.
1.Valuing Diversity and Difference
2.What is diversity
3.Why is valuing diversity important
5.Diversity in human difference
6.Differences in worldview
7.Benefits of diversity in the workplace
Understanding legal definitions of discrimination and unlawful behaviour in the Equality Act 2010. The Equality Act protects people against discrimination because of the protected characteristics that we all have. Under the Equality Act, there are nine protected characteristics: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; & sexual orientation.
1.What is discrimination?
2.What is the Equalities Act 2010?
3. Background to the Equalities Act
4.The equality, duty and purpose
5.Due regard to advancing equality
6.Purpose of duty
8.What behaviour is unlawful
9.Who has responsibility under the Act?
10.The role of the Equalities and Human Rights Commission
To take on board other people’s feelings and express your own requirements in an unemotional clear fashion to achieve a win-win outcome.
1.What is negotiation Skills
2.Why negotiation skills important
3.Principles of negotiation
4.Steps of negotiation process
Being able to stand up for your own or other people’s rights in a calm and positive way, without being either aggressive or passively accepting ‘wrong’.
1. What is assertiveness?
2. How to behave assertively
3.What is being passive?
4.Those who are aggressive
5.Why people are not assertive
Good customer service is all about bringing customers back, sending them away happy; enough to pass positive feedback about your business along to others, who may then try the product or service you offer for themselves and in their turn become repeat customers.
1. What is good customer service?
2.Tips for providing good customer service
3.Important issues relating to customer service
4.5 Ways to show excellent customer service
5.Why customer service is important
6.Improving customer perception
7.How to keep a customer for the long term
8.Cost of poor customer care
9.Encourage your customers to complain
Difficult people are everywhere. Many people go through periods where they don’t act their best. If you want to maintain a relationship with a difficult person, you will need to develop some coping and negotiation strategies.
1.Dealing with difficult people
2.Some traits of difficult people
3.How to deal with your co-worker constructively
4.Handling unreasonable people
5.Characteristics of a toxic person
Disagreements, differences of opinion and conflicting perspectives on key issues inevitably arise in any context where people are working together. There are many sources of conflict in the workplace; managing them sensitively and appropriately is a key skill to possess..
1.What is conflict?
2.Unhealthy responses to conflict
3.Healthy responses to conflict
4.The ability to respond to conflict
5.What the Qur'an and Hadith say
6.Commanding good and forbidding evil
8.The Prophet’s PBUH way
9.Thomas and Kilmann’s style of resolving conflict
Meetings are useful and productive tools, but only if conducted properly. Having a meeting that is properly laid out with an agenda and a time frame can help a company or organization accomplish much more in a shorter period of time..
1.Proper conduct in meetings
2.The concept of consultation
3..For an effective meeting
4.Consultation in the Qur'an
5.Fulfilling your obligations to Allah
A curriculum vitae is a comprehensive description of your academic credentials and achievements. It is your first impression on the employer.
1.What is a CV?
3.Format of your CV
4.Content of your CV
5.Making your CV presentable
7.Preparing for Interviews
For many, a career for life is no longer an option. Most people will hold jobs with a variety of employers and move across different employment sectors throughout their working life. Therefore, we all need to be flexible in our working patterns and be prepared to change jobs or sectors if we believe there are better opportunities elsewhere or the need to move arises.We need to understand that all of us have a set of transferable skills or employability skills. These are skills that are not specific to one particular career path but are useful across all Employment Sectors.Employers are often looking for skills that go beyond qualifications and experience.Your education and experience may make you eligible to apply for a job but, to be successful in most roles, you will need skills that you are likely to develop over time. Some will be specific to the job, but the vast majority will be the ‘soft skills’ that are applicable in any job or employment sectors.These soft skills are ‘employability skills’ - it is what makes you employable.As a general rule, employers are willing to teach employees the job-specific skills required, such as how to operate particular pieces of machinery or use particular computer packages that are very specific to that role or company. However, they usually want you to already have the other ‘soft skills’ before hiring, because they are much harder to teach. The most important employability skills are in the areas of: 1.Getting along and working well with other people, such as communication skills and other interpersonal skills2.Being reliable and dependable: doing what you say you will, by the deadline you have agreed, and turning up when you are meant to be3.A willingness to learn new skills, whether those are job-specific or general4.Be self-motivated and to work on own or as part of a team5.Be adaptable, flexible and approachable in the work environment.These skills are what they believe will equip the employee to carry out their role to the best of their ability. Employability depends on your knowledge, skills and attitudes, how you use those assets, and how you present them to employers. Read more
Course Aims and Objectives:
The key objectives of this course are:
- To enhance interpersonal and soft skills for professional development.
- To learn adaptability and become more approachable in the work environment.
- To develop essential skills required to increase productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- To develop Problem Solving, confidence building, organisational, team working skills.
- To train them time management, negotiation, decision making, and effective customer care skills.
On completion of this course, students will:
- Attain improved communication and other essential interpersonal skills.
- Gain ease in switching jobs in the same or different sectors.
- Develop enhanced productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be equipped with a set of transferable team-building skills and general employability skills.
- Gain expertise in time management and negotiation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this online course structured?
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a graded and timed exam.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
How do I interact with my classmates?
How long will I have access to the online course?
I am facing trouble signing into my private member portal. What should I do?
Does Al Balagh Academy issue certificates?
When will the final exam be held?
What is the eligibility criteria for Scholarship?
If you are still facing issues, kindly contact our helpdesk team at [email protected]
Download MyAlBalagh mobile app from Playstore or Appstore to play or download (for offline viewing) all the completed recordings and PPT.