Al – Aqidah Al-Tahawiyyah
(The Creed of Al-Tahawi )
This intensive course on Aqida al-Tahawiyya at Al Balagh Academy introduces the fundamentals of Islamic creed as outlined in the book, “Al-Aqida Al-Tahawiyya” by the great Islamic Scholar, Jurist, Muhaddith, Imam Abu Ja’far al-Tahawi.
About The Course
The course presents the belief of “Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jama’ah”, which is the creed of the first few generations of Muslims and those who followed in their footsteps. The course brings in clear understanding of this immensely important branch of knowledge and covers the fundamentals of belief and creed of Islam. The topics will be covered such as;
Aqida – Belief in Allah, The Creator of this world and the worlds unknown, His beloved Messenger, Mohammed (PBUH), The Angels, The Qiamah (Judgement Day), Destiny, Life after Death and various other aspects of Islamic creed.
It also clarifies common misconceptions and other elements which are detrimental to one’s Islamic beliefs and emphasizes on acquisition, relevance and practicality of the true Islamic creed as per the Quran, Sunnah, Sahabah (the companions) and al-Salaf (the pious predecessors).
Introduction to Imām al-Ṭaḥāwī and his book
Monotheism – al-Tawḥīd
The Seal of Prophethood and the Quran as Speech of Allah
Allah’s Attributes and Ignorance
Night Journey, The Prophet’s Basin (Ḥawḍ) and Intercession
The Covenant, Providence and the Preserved Tablet
Allah’s Throne, Friend and Faith in His Signs
Believers and Sins
The Last Hour, Angels and the Grave
Adab of Student and Teacher
Praise for the Companions, Saints and Signs of the Hour
Soothsayers, Unity and Sectarianism
The creed of Imam al-Tahawi, al Bayan al Sunnah wa’l Jama’ah, (or commonly referred to as Aqida al-Tahawiyya) by Imam Abu Ja’far Ahmad bin Muhammad al-Azdi al-Tahawi al-Hanafi (a 3rd century, muhaddith and jurist) is rightly regarded as the best work ever done on the aqida of Ahl as Sunna wa’l jama’ah.
The work is relatively small in size but effectively speaks of what every Muslim shall know of and believe in. It has gained attention of the leading imams, scholars, leaders of all times. It encompasses the true creed of the Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jama’ah, what the Ahl as-Sunnah believes in, the methodology of Islamic life as understood and practiced by Imam Abu Hanifah and his disciples.
It rightly refutes heresies, deviations, inauthentic, baseless or incorrect point of views with respect to Islam and differentiates right from wrong in a much clearer and concise manner and of course, in the light of the Quran and Sunnah. It illuminates for the learners the correct Islamic creed and thus protects the Muslims taking on deviations which will lead astray.Read more
The aim of this course is:
- Understand the fundamentals of Usul Al-Deen, Islamic creed of early scholars of the Hanafi madhab in correlation with principles of faith in which the Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jama’ah believes and with which the Jama’ah seek the pleasure of Allah
- Strengthen knowledge on the Islamic creed, firmly ground it in the hearts, thus protecting from taking deviant routes which invalidate one’s iman
- Teach, revise and correct the creed, clear doubts, regarding any part of the true Islamic creed based on the Quran and the Ahadith, what Sahaba (the companions) and the Tabiun (The successors) followed
- Reviving the spirit of Islam, Islamic belief, how it should be with clear references from the glorious Quran and Sunnah for all the matters of the creed, refuting baseless, meaningless or deviating theories or methodologies as formed by people of error
- Redefine and revamp the true Aqida, analyze and root out common
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the importance of Islamic creed, relationship between pillars of Islamic faith, oneness of Allah, the last prophet, the angels, the books, the destiny, the judgement day
- Learn fundamental concepts of Islamic faith, Islamic beliefs, principles of Islamic creed and relevance of true Islamic creed in one’s life.
- Define, articulate true Aqida, get familiar with the concept of the Divine, Divine Decree, Divine Will.
- Understand, Illustrate the concept of Tawheed, role of Tawheed, importance of Tawheed in worshipping Allah and differentiate it from the antithesis shirk.
- Redefine and revamp the true Aqida, analyze and root out common misconceptions and misrepresentations with respect to Tawheed.
- Compare, contrast Islamic creed with the creed of other Islamic sects, creed of other divine religions such as Christianity.