A Study of Twelve Books of Tafsīr
1. Jāmiaʿ al-Bayān fī Tafsīr al-Qurān (Tafsīr al-Ṭabarī)– Muḥammad Ibn Jarīr al-Ṭabarī (224-310 AH)
2. Al-Kashf wa al-Bayān ʿan Tafsīr al-Qurān (Tafsīr al-Thaʿlabī) – Aḥmad bin Ibrāhīm al-Thaʿlabī al-Nisābūrī (d. 427 AH)
3. Al-Muḥarrar al-Wajīz fī al-Kitāb al-ʿĀzīz (Tafsīr Ibn ʿĀtiyya)- ʿAbd al-Ḥaqq bin Ghālib ibn ʿAtiyya (481-546 AH)
- Mafātīḥ al-Ghayb (Tafsīr al-Rāzī)- Muḥammad ibn ʿUmar ibn al-Ḥussayn al-Rāzī (d. 606 AH)
- Anwār al-Tanzīl wa Asrār al-Ta’wīl (Tafsīr al-Bayḍāwī) – ʿAbd Allah Ibn ʿUmar al-Bayḍāwī (d. 685 AH)
- Al-Baḥr al-Muḥīṭ (Tafsīr Abī Ḥayyān) – Muḥammad Ibn Yūsuf ibn Ḥayyan al-Andalūsī (d. 745 AH)
- Rūḥ al-Maʿānī (Tafsīr al-Ālūsī) – Shihāb al-Dīn Muḥammad al-Ālūsī al-Baghdādī (d. 1270 AH)
- Tafsīr al-Maẓharī– Al-Qāḍī Thanā’ Allah al-Panī Pattī al-ʿUthmāni al-Hanafī al-Naqshbandī (d. 1225 AH)
3.Tafsīr Āyāt al-Aḥkām
- Aḥkām al-Qurān (Tafsīr al-Jaṣṣāṣ) Aḥmad ibn ʿAlī al-Rāzī al-Jaṣṣāṣ (d. 370 AH)
- Aḥkām al-Qurān (Tafsīr al-Kiyā al-Harāsī) ʿAlī Ibn Muḥammad al-Ṭabarī al-Kiyā al-Harāsī (d. 504 AH)
- Al-Jāmiʿ li-Aḥkām al-Qurān (Tafsīr al-Qurṭubī) – Muḥammad ibn Farḥ al-Qurṭubī (d. 671 AH).
- Al-Kashshāf, (al-Mu’tazilī) (Tafsīr al-Zamaksharī) Maḥmūd ibn ʿUmar al-Zamaksharī (d. 436 AH)
5.Tafsīr fī al-ʿAsr al-Ḥadīth
- Tafsīr al-Qurān al-Karīm (Tafsīr al-Manār) – Muḥammad Rashīd Riḍā
- Fī Ẓilāl al-Qurān (Tafsīr al-Ḍalāl) – al-Shahīd Sayyid Quṭb
Duration – 4+ Months
Professional Admin and IT Support
Live Sessions Every – --
14 Live Sessions ( One / Week)
Online Assessments (Optional)
24 / 7 Access to Video Recordings and Online Learning Materials
Live Q & A
A special advanced course designed for ʿulamā and advanced students who wish to learn advanced studies in exegesis. The course will cover twelve books of Tafsīr. Each kitab of tafṣir has been chosen specifically and carefully with the objective of developing the student in the many approaches of the mufassirīn and their styles and topics.
Students will not just be able to appreciate the great wealth of diverse writings on Tafsīr, but they will be accustomed to some of the most important kitābs in Tafsīr that have had an impact on the science.
This course will not just map out the chronology of how writings of tafsīr developed throughout Islamic history, but how each science developed their own hermeneutical approach to the Qurān. The course will present a different book of tafsīr every week, beginning with the most earliest to the more contemporary works in tafsīr.
Immerse yourself in this great opportunity in gaining a broad and deep understanding of some of the most important tafsīr books that have been pivotal in this science and learn the benefits, strengths and gaps that exist in them and their authors.
On completion of this course, the successful student will be able to:
• Develop a distinct understanding of the chronology of some of the most influential books of Quranic exegesis
• Examine and Analyse a number of books on the Exegesis of the Qur’an.
• Define and analyse key concepts discussed in sciences of the Qur’an and exegetical approaches through
• Compare and evaluate opinions held by scholars on Qur’anic sciences and exegetical approaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this online course structured?
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a graded and timed exam.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
How do I interact with my classmates?
How long will I have access to the online course?
I am facing trouble signing into my private member portal. What should I do?
Does Al Balagh Academy issue certificates?
When will the final exam be held?
What is the eligibility criteria for Scholarship?
If you are still facing issues, kindly contact our helpdesk team at [email protected]
Download MyAlBalagh mobile app from Playstore or Appstore to play or download (for offline viewing) all the completed recordings and PPT.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or enrol now