Al-Seerah Al-Nabawiyyah – Level 1
About The Course
A unique online course, designed by Al Balagh for every Muslim who desire to increase their love for the beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), gain a better understanding of the Prophetic life and explore the approaches in reviving the spirit of Islam through studying the Prophetic journey in-depth.
Session 1: Introduction
- Understanding Seerah
- Seerah and its Importance
- Scholars of Seerah
- Source Material for Seerah
- Collection of Books on Seerah
- Developments in the writings of Seerah
Session 2: A Birdseye view of Arabian World before the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Lineage of the Prophet(PBUH)
- Arabia and the Near East in the 7th Century: Historical Context
- The Age of Ignorance / Makkah before Islam
- The Arab at the advent of Islam
- Origin of Idolatry amongst Arabs
- Arab taboos
Session 3: Arabic Traditions of Hajj, War and Animal Sacrifice
- The Zam Zam
- The Hajj in the Jahiliya
- Quraysh in Mecca
Session 4: Amazing True Tales and Events before the Prophet (PBUH)
- The story of Tubba`
- The story of the boy and the king
- The people of the elephant
Session 5: Banū Hāshim, The Quraysh and The Family of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Abd al-Muttalib, Banū Hāshim and the Quraysh tribe
- Abdullah bin Abd al-Muttalib – An Overview
- Aminah bint Wahb- An Overview
Session 6: The Coming of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Birth of Allah’s Messenger
- Time with Halima
- The Death of Mother and Grandfather
- In Custody of Abu Talib, His Uncle
- Bahira, the monk
Session 7: Before The Revelation Begins
- The sacrilegious war – The battle of Fijar and treaty of Fudul
- Marriage with Hazrat Khadija
- Al-Kaʿbah – Arbitration
- Salman, the Persian
- Early monotheists
- The Gospel prophecy (with regard to sending of ‘The Comforter’)
Session 8: The Revelation Begins
- The coming of the archangel Gabriel – The first revelation
- Interruptions in the course of Revelation
- The first Muslims (Khadija accepting Islam, Ali, Abu Bakr and his converts)
Session 9: Lessons from a New Prophet’s Call and Persecution
- Inviting Quraish to Islam / Preaching Islam / Call towards Tawheed
- Opposition of Polytheists
- Protection from Quraysh by his uncle, Abu Talib
- Persecution of Prophet (PBUH)
- Otba’s attempts a compromise with the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Conference with Quraysh leaders
- Persecution of followers of Muhammed (PBUH)
Session 10: The First Migration of Islam and Lessons Learnt
- The first migration to Abyssinia
- Hazrat Umar embraces Islam
- Proclamation of boycott
- Active opposition to Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)
- Muhammed’s (PBUH) temporary concession to polytheism
- The return of the first emigrants
Session 11: The Prophet’s (PBUH) response to Boycott
- End of boycott
- Dishonesty of Abu Jahl
- Rukana and Muhammad (ﷺ)
- Acceptance of Islam by some Christians
Session 12: The Truth of the Miraculous Night Journey
- Isra and Meraj – The night journey and the ascent to heaven
- Mockers receiving punishment from Allah (SWT)
Session 13: The Prophet’s (saw) Life in Grief and Sorrow
- Death of Abu Talib and Khadija
- Muhammad preaches in al-Taif / preaches to the Bedouin
Session 14: The Coming of the Helpers (Ansar)
- Beginning of Islam among the Helpers
- First pledge at al·’Aqaba
- Beginning of Friday prayers in Madina
- The second pledge at al-‘Aqaba
- Twelve Leaders and Amr’s idol
- Allah orders Muhammad to fight
Session 15: The Historical Migration
- Migration to Medina
- Brotherhood between the Emigrants and the Helpers
- The Call to Prayer
- Jewish opponents
- Abdullah b. Salam accepts Islam
Session 16: Trouble Makers around the Prophet (saw)
- Jews joined by hypocrites among the Helpers
- Raid on Waddan, Buwa, al.’Ushayra, al·Kharrar, Safawan
- Change of Qibla
Session 17: The Great Battles of Islam – Part 1
- Battle of Badr
- The battle of Uhud
Session 18: The Great Battles of Islam – Part 2
- The battle of Al-Khandaq
- The battle of Bani Quraizah
- The battle of Bani Al-Mustaliq
Session 19: The Making of Peace and Reconciliation with the Enemy
- Al-Hudaibiyah treaty
- The letters to the kings
- The conquest of Khayibar
- The compensatory umra
- The battle of Mu’tah
- Breaking Al-Hhudaibiyah treaty
Session 20: The Historical Conquest of Islam
- Entering Makkah
- The battle of Hunayin
- The battle of Tabuk
- The delegations
Session 21: How our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Left Us
- The Farewell
- Beginning of the Muhammed’s illness
- The death of the prophet
- The burial and farewell preparations
- The conclusion
And we have not sent you(O Muhammed (PBUH)), except as a mercy to the world “
~ [Quran, 21: 107]
Our beloved Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is the best person that has ever walked on the face of this world. His entire life serves as a beacon of guidance and epitome of role model for the Ummah. It is obligatory for every Muslim to have knowledge of the prophetic biography (Al-Seerat Al-Nabawiyyah). Studying the Seerah will enlighten the hearts of learners with love for the beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.
The course aims at imparting knowledge of the prophetic biography, designed to elevate your Islamic spirit, strengthen your iman and soul and eventually bring about contentment and solace to your heart.
The purpose of this course is to take you on an enlightening journey of the Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) life from the era of ignorance, (pre-Islamic Arabia) to the birth of the beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH), his childhood, declaration of prophethood in Makkah, Migration to Madina, battles fought and almost all major incidents and events of hardship, suffering, persecution, adversities, and conquests.
At The End Of This Online Course, Insha’Allah, You Will Be Able To:
- Appreciate the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), understand the true purpose of his life and the message he brought for mankind.
- Acknowledge the importance of Seerah in understanding and implementing the Qur’an and Sunnah in your life.
- Understand the nobility of Prophet Mohammad’s (PBUH) character- as a person, a Messenger, a guide and a role model.
- Develop love for the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), learn ways to follow him and thus bring yourself much closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).
- Learn and acquire the skills in achieving tarbiyya (character development) and da’wah (spreading Islam) from the teachings of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH).
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Al Balagh courses recognised or accredited?
Al Balagh courses do not provide an externally accredited or recognised qualification. Our own expert team works at the course content. With over 5000+ learners, we are continuously growing and our vision is to make Al Balagh qualifications renowned worldwide through our expert team, without seeking formal accreditation or recognition from external institutional bodies.
How is this online course structured?
Our online course comprises live interactive online sessions, pre-recorded videos, online course material that include, presentations, reading material & online learning activities. Students may ask questions and get their doubts cleared from their respective lecturers, if any. Our dedicated academic support team will assist you as required.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Upon successful enrollment, you will get access to the course material 7 days prior to the course starting date.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
All students will receive notification for their course live sessions via email and/or course WhatsApp group. You may also check the Course Schedule tab on your dashboard after logging in on our website or Mobile App.
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
We always encourage attending live sessions among students, but it is not compulsory for technical course progress of the students.
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
If you are unable to attend a live session or have missed it, you can view recorded sessions on your course dashboard. You can access all the completed Recordings, PPT and assessments anytime.
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
You can download recordings and PPT of the course sessions from the myAlBalagh mobile App for all the enrolled courses.The recordings will be available for students after 48 hours of the live session.
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
There are no additional marks for watching the course recordings. Only the module Assessments and the final exam add up to the final score.You can check the individual scores of your Assessments under the Progress tab of myAlBalagh.
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
You can discuss your doubts via Course WhatsApp Group dedicated for student discussion or access the Discussion board on myAlBalagh. It is a platform for you to ask questions, discuss and get your doubts cleared.
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a graded and timed exam.
How do I interact with my classmates?
You can interact with your classmates on our Whatsapp Group exclusive for the course students. Furthermore, you can use the Discussion Board to connect with other course students as well.
How long will I have access to the online course?
You will have access to the online course content for up to 2 years. If you want lifetime access, contact our admin team via Email at [email protected]
I am facing trouble signing into the “myAlBalagh” Online Student portal. What should I do?
In case you find any trouble accessing your account, then please contact us immediately. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your problem gets resolved at the earliest.
How can I apply for the Al Balagh Scholarship?
Al Balagh Academy values seekers of knowledge more than anything. Please visit our here to apply for a scholarship. Our team will assess your application and respond in 2-3 working days.