التخصص في فقه القضايا الطبية المعاصرة
Al Balagh Advanced Specialization Programme In Contemporary Medical Fiqh and Bioethics
(Exclusive for Ulama and Alimat)
Al Balagh Advanced Specialization Programme In Contemporary Medical Fiqh and Bioethics
About the Programme
Islamic Bioethics and Medical Fiqh are growing global specialist sciences in response to advancing medical technology. An analysis of normative positions (Islamic Ethics and Fiqh) in a diverse range of contemporary issues such as genetics, artificial intelligence, reproductive technologies, end-of-life care, pharmaceutics, cosmetics and enhancement therapies are desperately needed in this rapidly changing world. These ethical issues are proving quite challenging and crossing the lines of enquiry which question concepts we have never explored before or everthought possible. There have been many attempts by Muslim scholars to address various areas of bioethics and their application in light of medical fiqh, however this area of expertise has grown both horizontally and vertically to the degree that our current application of medical fiqh to new and challenging issues is unfortunately still in its prime stages. The horizontal growth is one which requires us to go back to the sources of our substantive law, jurisprudence and ethics, and tease out the nuances and essential shariʿ principles that provide the guidance and framework to allow Islamic responses to technical questions. This rising need requires Muslim scholars to have some expertise in broader areas of theology, ʿilm al-kalām, tafsīr, ḥadīth and tārīkh. The vertical growth is where bioethics has now diversified beyond just medicine, and into many other specialities making it intersectional with sciences such as philosophy, epistemology, metaphysics, anthropology, global public health and other areas of humanities and social sciences. Meeting these challenges requires Muftīs and Muslim scholars who have background knowledge and the skillset to work closely with academics and physicians embracing both good leadership qualities and aptitude to deliver the Islamic response that is appropriate and informed through a multidisciplinary approach.
AT A GLANCE
24 - 36 Months
50 - 60 Courses
From £49.99 /Month
Start your application
The next live cohort starts in May 2021
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee.
Courses In This Programme
رد المحتار على الدر المختار ( المسائل المنتخبة) – (Selected chapters related to Medical Fiqh)
Advanced Medical Fiqh & Medical Bioethics
اصول الافتاء وآدابه – مفتي تقي عثماني – Tamrīn Al- Fatāwa & Research
الموسوعة الطبية الفقهية (موسوعة جامعة للأحكام الفقهية في الصحة والمرض والممارسات الطبية)
Advanced Medical Fiqh & Medical Bioethics
علم اصول الفقه (عبد الوهاب خلاف)
مقدمة الدر المختار
قضايا فقهية طبية معاصرة
المدخل الفقهي العام للزرقاء
Tamrīn Al- Fatāwa & Research
فقه القضايا الطبية المعاصرة دراسة فقهية طبية مقارنة مزودة بقرارات المجامع الفقهية والندوات العلمية
شرح القواعد للزرقاء
الموافقات ( جزء المقاصد) للشاطبي
Al Balagh Ulum Al Quran & Tafsīr
The Ahadith of Medicine Course
Western Philosophy & Islam
Critical Thinking/ Reading / Writing
Muslim Leadership Development
Chaplaincy & Pastoral Care
بداية المجتهد ونهاية المقتصد
فقه اهل العراق وحديثهم للكوثري
أبو حنيفة حياته وعصره أبو زهره
الفقه الإسلامي وأدلته – وهبة الزحيلي
كتاب الشرح الكبير للشيخ الدردير وحاشية الدسوقي
تحفة المحتاج لابن حجر الهيتمي و نهاية المحتاج للرملي
التنقيح للمرداوي و منتهى الإرادات في جمع المقنع مع التنقيح وزيادات لابن النجار
Islamic Medical Ethics and Western Medical Ethics – A Comparative Analysis
Introduction to Medical Science
Introduction to Clinical Commissioning
Advanced Lectures on Public Health
Advanced Lectures on Medical Research and Evidence Based Practice
Advanced Lectures on Islamic Medicine and its History
Al Balagh Takhassus fī Fiqh al-Qaḍāyā al-Tibbiyat al-Maāṣara (Specialisation in the Fiqh of Medicine) Course is the first ever international unique, advanced specialist course that will train Sharīʿah scholars to achieve an in-depth grasp and understanding of the dynamic nature of Islamic medical fiqh, with its associated theology and uṣūl al-fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) in handling issues related to global bioethical issues. The course will have a Ḥanafī school focus but will require scholars to be competent enough to be able to provide generic opinions from all sunnī schools of thought. This is an excellent opportunity for interested Muslim scholars and Muftīs to be important drivers and enablers in the synergy of Islamic jurisprudence and ethics with the practice of medicine at both the individual to societal and global levels. Shari’ah scholars will also have an excellent opportunity to gain significant advantage in their career prospects by graduating with professional qualifications, UK university accredited bachelor’s and master’s degrees, whilst studying traditional and contemporary specialised subjects under some of the world most renowned Muslim scholars and academics. They will be part of the international Muslim network of professionals working in the field of global Islamic bioethics and Medical fiqh. Read more
Programme Aims & Objectives
The Al Balagh Takhassus fī Fiqh al-Qaḍāyā al-Tibbiyat al-Maāṣara Program will focus on the following themes:
- Advanced Expertise in Classical Islamic Fiqh Literature: Developing advanced expertise in classical Islamic fiqh literature with more focusing on the the Fiqh of Medicine by studying and analysing of all relevant facets of classical Islamic fiqh, uṣūl al-fiqh, tafsīr, ḥadīth, kalām literature. The program will also focus on analysing classical Islamic rulings from Hanafi, Hanbali, Shafi and Maliki Madhahib by comparing and reviewing the rulings relevant to the field of Medicine.
- Specialised Knowledge in Contemporary Sciences, Academic Approaches and Contemporary Islamic medical literature: The programme will focus on advancing knowledge in medical science, relevant contemporary sciences, academic approaches on Islamic Medical Ethics and contemporary Islamic medical literature. Students will be able to study and analysis of all relevant facets of contemporary fiqh and uṣūl al-fiqh literature with more focusing on contemporary Islamic medical literature, contextualised to anthropological, sociological, philosophical components that have direct influence on Islamic medicine or Islamic medical ethics as practiced today.
- Research, Analytical Skills and the Application of Medical Fiqh to Conventional and Contemporary Issues: The programme will focus on developing Research, Analytical Applying, drafting and Advanced Fiqh Research Skills. Throughout the program, students will be able to research, learn, explore and examine concepts, theories and principles related to both the vertical and horizontal growth areas of bioethics and the application of medical Fiqh to conventional and contemporary issues in this field. Key focus is to enhance effective communication and responding skills so that traditional Muftis/Ulama can communicate with policy makers, NHS Bodies/Organizations, Muslim Scholars/ Imams Muslim Organizations, Medical Professionals and Muslim Patients / Families by using multidisciplinary approaches.
- Personal, Professional and Academic Skills Development: Building the appropriate personal, Professional and Academic skills which are essential in Muslim scholars, as a requisite to resolve current issues in the growing field of bioethics from the Islamic tradition. Students will get an opportunity to enhance their skills by joining Al Balagh skills based courses throughout the specialisation. Students should also join the degree program (Note: Need to add some words highlighting how obtained Master’s degree qualifications will help student improve their understanding and build new skills ) Al Balagh Skills Development Program is a unique program that will identify your strengths and weaknesses and suggest a plan accordingly to improve your personal, professional and academic skills that matter.
- Future Leadership of Global Islamic Bioethics: Developing a new generation of Muftīs who are experts in Islamic fiqh of medicine and are able to convey, advise and implement Islamic medical ethics in the post-modern world of dramatically evolving medical technology through a multidisciplinary approach. As Contributors to the Future of Global Islamic Bioethics they will be able to guide, identify, analysis and resolve current challenges with respect to Islamic medical fiqh, Islamic bioethics, other related sciences in theology, philosophy and anthropology to revive the spirit of Islam in the field of medicine, and so enable and contribute to international academic bioethics literature, committees and allied medical industries.
- Networking, Career Guidance and Internship: By providing networking opportunities with international recognised scholars and subject experts, Career guidance and internship opportunities, our focus is to create a new generation of Muftis who can lead the Ummah and make a global impact by dedicating their lives for reviving the spirit of Islam in the field of medicine.
Students will have:
- Advanced Expertise in classical Islamic literature: Students will have advanced expertise in classical Islamic fiqh literature focusing on those chapters of Fiqh that serve importance and relevance to Islamic Bioethics. Particular focus on an analysis of classical Islamic rulings and literature encompassing all the four Sunni schools of jurisprudence (Ḥanafi, Māliki, Shāfiʿī and Ḥanbali) comparing and contrasting rulings relevant to the field of Medicine and Bioethics.
- Specialised Knowledge in Contemporary Sciences and Islamic medical literature: Students will be able to critique and analyse all relevant facets of related contemporary Fiqh and uṣūl al-fiqh literature contextualised to anthropological, sociological and philosophical paradigms, that have a direct influence on Islamic medicine or Islamic medical ethics as practised today.
- Research, Analytical Skills and the Application of Medical Fiqh to Conventional and Contemporary Issues: Students will be able to research, explore and examine concepts, theories and principles related to both the vertical and horizontal growth areas of bioethics and its impact on medical Fiqh and conventional and contemporary issues in this field. They will also have achieved a Master’s degree in a chosen area of interest which will put them on firm grounding to produce high calibre work and engage with academics and higher academic bodies.
- Personal, Professional and Academic Skills Development: Students will have to enhance their skills by joining Al Balagh skills-based courses throughout the specialisation. Muftis/ʿUlamā will work alongside policymakers, NHS Bodies/Organisations, International Muslim Scholars/ Imams Muslim Organizations, Medical Professionals and Muslim Patients / Families by using multidisciplinary approaches.
- Future leadership in Global Islamic Bioethics: Students will be part of a new generation of Muftīs. The latter are experts in Islamic Fiqh of medicine and can convey, advise and implement Islamic medical ethics in the post-modern world of dramatically evolving medical technology through a multidisciplinary approach.
- Networking, Career Guidance and Internship: Students will have networking opportunities with internationally recognised scholars and subject experts, and career guidance and internship opportunities.
Applicants for direct admission to the Takhasus programme are required to:
- Have completed Alimiyyah Course from a recognized institute and Have Ijazah Sanad
- Have completed Ifta course from a recognized institute or currently studying Ifta course in any institute.
- Applicants are expected to have good knowledge and understanding of Arabic and English language
- Applicant must be 18 years old or above
Applicants are required to submit an application for admission to Al Balagh Academy, with following supporting materials:
- Completed Application form
- Resume, including details of supervisory, teaching or professional experience
- Details of other academic qualifications including academic transcripts
- Two references
- A personal statement covering a brief introduction of yourself, why you are interested in the Takhassus programme, and your expectations of the program. You must include details of your Alimiyya and Ifta qualifications distinctly highlighting whether you have studied on a full time or part-time basis, a number of years spent and text/books covered.
If you do not meet the direct admission criteria in terms of Ifta qualification, you can still be accepted based on your experience and your achievements in the field of Social work, Academic, Chaplaincy, Medical, Teaching or any relevant field. However, applicants who don’t have Ifta qualification, have to enrol in Al Balagh Online Ifta programme along with the Takhassus Programme.
For direct entry, submit an application and attach all supporting documents as outlined in the admission requirements. The admissions team will assess your application and advise of next steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Al Balagh courses recognised or accredited?
Al Balagh courses do not provide an externally accredited or recognised qualification. Our own expert team works at the course content. With over 5000+ learners, we are continuously growing and our vision is to make Al Balagh qualifications renowned worldwide through our expert team, without seeking formal accreditation or recognition from external institutional bodies.
How is this online course structured?
Our online course comprises live interactive online sessions, pre-recorded videos, online course material that include, presentations, reading material & online learning activities. Students may ask questions and get their doubts cleared from their respective lecturers, if any. Our dedicated academic support team will assist you as required.
When will I have access to the online course material?
Upon successful enrollment, you will get access to myAlBalagh (our online learning portal) within 24 hours.
Will I get notification for live sessions?
All students will receive notification for their course live sessions via email and/or course WhatsApp group. You may also check the Course Schedule tab on your dashboard after logging in on our website or Mobile App.
Is it mandatory to attend live sessions?
We always encourage attending live sessions among students, but it is not compulsory for technical course progress of the students.
I missed a live session. Can I get the video recordings?
If you are unable to attend a live session or have missed it, you can view recorded sessions on your course dashboard. You can access all the completed Recordings, PPT and assessments anytime.
Can I download the recordings and watch it offline?
You can download recordings and PPT of the course sessions from the myAlBalagh mobile App for all the enrolled courses.The recordings will be available for students after 48 hours of the live session.
Do I get marks for watching course recordings and presentations?
There are no additional marks for watching the course recordings. Only the module Assessments and the final exam add up to the final score.You can check the individual scores of your Assessments under the Progress tab of myAlBalagh.
I have doubts but I cannot attend the live session. Any other way to ask my questions?
You can discuss your doubts via Course WhatsApp Group dedicated for student discussion or access the Discussion Board on myAlBalagh. It is a platform for you to ask questions, discuss and get your doubts cleared.
When will the final exam be held?
The Final Exam will be held at the end of the course and will be a Graded And Timed Exam.
How do I interact with my classmates?
You can interact with your classmates on our Whatsapp Group exclusive for the course students. Furthermore, you can use the Discussion Board to connect with other course students as well.
How long will I have access to the online course?
You will have access to the online course content for up to 2 years. If you want lifetime access, contact our admin team via Email at [email protected]
I am facing trouble signing into the “myAlBalagh” Online Student portal. What should I do?
In case you find any trouble accessing your account, then please contact us immediately. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your problem gets resolved at the earliest.
How can I apply for the Al Balagh Scholarship?
Al Balagh Academy values seekers of knowledge more than anything. Please visit here to apply for a scholarship. Our team will assess your application and respond in 2-3 working days.